Nimbus T8 OB
Powered by a white Mercury Verado 300hp engine.
A multifunctional, well equipped and fast day boat intended for day-to-day activities and water sports, with overnight accommodation for two.
“Our customers feel that we have really done our utmost to design the boat in a thoroughly considered way that makes it easy to use no matter your chosen activity. In addition, they also appreciate its excellent sense of ‘seamanship’ which gives an added feeling of comfort and security onboard”
Fast and safe
The T8 is intended for day-to-day social activities, transportation, water sports and leisure activities. It is based on a newly developed air-lubricated stepped hull with excellent seafaring qualities and a low planning threshold. The T8 has a cruising speed of between 20-35 knots, with a maximum speed in excess of 40 knots.
The T8 provides stable, safe and quiet performance, which makes it easy to operate the boat at high speed, even in poor weather conditions. The construction quality and excellent seaworthiness and handling, combined with superior speed resources, invite a more active style of driving that still feels safe and secure, even when really putting the T8 through its paces.
T-top with Lexan roof
A new feature of the T8 is that it can be equipped with a robust T-top with Lexan roof that provides sun protection without detracting from the open-air feel you want from a day boat. The combination of the T-top and large canopy, which covers the entire afterdeck, makes it possible for 5 people to sit comfortably in a bright and spacious yet sheltered setting. The T8 is approved for a maximum of 8 people.
Integrated functionality and freedom of movement
As with the T9, the T8 has a wide walk-around design with generous areas for moving around the boat, which contributes to extra freedom of movement on board and makes it easy to board or leave the boat. In front of the cockpit it is possible to have a “sunbed” which, in combination with the spacious areas on the foredeck, provides room for 4 people. The foredeck conceals a large loading hatch with access to the cabin for easy loading.
The cockpit has inherited the same clean “look-n-feel” as the T9 and can be equipped with 7”, 9” or 12” plotter. Reversible driver’s seats and a mounted retractable table make it possible to produce a dining area for five people in three easy movements. The aft sofa accommodates 6 people, 3 facing the stern of the boat and 3 facing the bow. The backrest on the aft sofa can be set to three different positions (angles) depending on how the sofa is being used at the time – seating during a journey (upright position), aft lounge sofa (angled) or full sunbed (folded down). Under the aft sofa, there is a retractable refrigerator and an easily accessible equipment area. On the afterdeck, there is also a shower outlet and two side storage compartments.
Below deck, there is a two-person berth with integrated ventilation, LED lighting, ample storage and separate head with sink. A galley facility is available via a retractable gas burner next to the hatch, and there is an option for a pantry/wet bar with a hand basin on the port side of the cabin.
The T8 is available with three different canopy solutions – harbour cover, helm canopy or as a T-top design with a large canopy that covers the entire afterdeck. Deliveries of the T8 are available now.
Is the T8 the right boat for you?
The Nimbus T8 is a genuine, well equipped, fast day tender with walk-around design that is perfect for day trips and water sports. It has a two-person berth and is an ideal boat for those who appreciate classic Scandinavian design and value functional solutions and comfort.
- Length 8.15m / 26’ 9”
- Width 2.6m / 8' 6"
- Weight (No Engine) 2300kg / 5070lb
- Fuel Capacity 240 L
- Water Capacity 50 L
- Design Category C, 8 Persons
- Number Of Beds 2
- Speed 40+ Knots
Quick facts (* extra equipment)
- Speed characteristics +40 knots, cruising speed 20-40 knots
- Air lubricated twin stepped hull design with low planning threshold
- Built for speed, exceptional seaworthiness and handling
- Mercury outboard 200 – 300 hp
- T-top with Lexan roof*
- Cabin with double bed, separate head and integrated ventilation
- Cargo hatch on the foredeck with access to fore cabin
- Divan/seating on foredeck
- Aft sofa with folding backrest with three separate positions depending on use
- Swivelling helm chairs and integrated foldable table, dining for 5 people Walk-around design
- Mercury Verado V6 200 hp
- Zipwake, dynamic trim-control system
- Simrad Go 7
- Bow thruster
- Port canopy and aft sofa cover
- Shower on aft
- Freshwater system
- Separate head
- LED lights
- Stainless steel pulpit and handles
- Carpet and pillows
- T-Top, incl mooring canopy
- Foiled Hull - Grey
- Indoor Wash Basin, No Storage
- Nimbus Crockery & Cutlery Cooling Bag (4pcs)
- Sunbed Front Deck - Blue
- Canopy Mooring, T-Top - Silver Grey
- Canopy T-Top Enclosed (Including Mooring Canopy) - Graphite
- Flexiteek, Complete Boat - Teak/Black Caulking
- Carpets - Beige
- Bow Eye For Trailering
- Bow Thruster, Sleipner SE30
- Windlass Bow, Lewmar V700, 7.5kg, 25m, Deck Control
- Remote Control for Bow Thruster, Front & Aft Anchor Winch
- Refrigerator, 30L
- Water Ski Pole
- Heater/Defroster System, Webastor Airtop 2000
- Overboard Discharge - Blackwater
- Bow Ladder
- Hifi Package - Basic
- Simrad Plotter, GO 12"
- Simrad Sonar, xSonic SS60, Thru-Hull Sonar Transducer
- Simrad VHF, RS40 incl AIS Receiver, Antenna
- Aluminium Tandem Axle Trailer w/ Elec-Hyd Brakes & Bunks
Find out more about Nimbus boats check out www.nimbus.se
Only available at Sports Marine - New Zealand's sole Nimbus dealer.
For more information on this or other Nimbus models, please call or stop in and see us
PLEASE NOTE: SOME PHOTOS SHOW OPTIONAL EXTRAS
|Model||: T8 OB|
|Length||: 8.15 Meters|
|Category||: Sports Boats|
|Hull Type||: Fibreglass|
|Power Type||: Power|
|Engine Make||: Mercury|
|State||: New Zealand|
|Stock Number||: T8OB|